Articles on the Timtrace project featured in the media.
- Article (EN): Panels & Furniture Asia: Combating illegal timber trade with ‘fingerprint’ analysis
- Article (EN): EOS.org – Fingerprinting Wood to Curb Illegal Deforestation
- Articles: Phys.org (ENG), KIJK (NL), IPS News (NL), Houtwereld (NL), NatureToday (NL): ‘Fingerprint’ of wood can help fight illegal trade
- Radio (Dutch): NPO Radio 1 – Illegal teak from Myanmar (second item, 16:45)
- Article (Dutch): Houtwereld Journal – Origin tracing using genetics
- Article (EN): Spectroscopy magazine – Clay and Soil Organic Matter Drive Wood Multi-Elemental Composition of a Tropical Tree Species: Implications for Timber Tracing
- Article (Dutch): FSC website – FSC and Timtrace
- Radio (Dutch): NPO Radio 1 – EU Deforestation Regulation
- Radio (Dutch): NPO Radio 1 – Hoe ontdek je fout hout?
- Article (Dutch): NOS – Of jouw tuinset of jacht van fout hout is kom je waarschijnlijk niet te weten
- Article (Dutch): C2W – Illegaal hout ontrafeld met massaspectrometrie
- Article (EN): NWO Detecting illegal wood
- Article (EN): Mongabay – Where does your timber come from?
- Article (Dutch): de Volkskrant – Nieuw wapen in strijd tegen fout hout
- Article (EN): Wageningen University & Research – Genetic properties help identify illegally traded tropical hardwood
Get a glimpse of what our research looks like in a beautiful photo story by the magazine Onderzoek, or check out the extended article.
Watch presentations from our team on the research we do.
Laura sharing first results at the 20th edition of Bessensap – An NWO event connecting scientists and journalists (in Dutch).